First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Year End Review 2020

Another year done and dusted. Lets see how 2020 fares

SNES: 8 (↑ 8)
PC: 8

Nintendo Switch: 25
(↑ 7)
Genesis: 7
(↑ 5)
PS4: 5

PSP: 1

PS2: 3

PS1: 1


Shooter: 2
(↔)
Action: 26
(↑ 15)
Platformer: 9
(↑ 6)
Pinball: 3
Racing: 6
(↑ 3)
Adventure: 2
(↔)
Puzzle: 3
(↓ 1)
FPS: 2
(↔)
RPG: 1
(↔)
Other: 2
(↓ 1)
Strategy: 1
Fighting: 1
(↓ 1)

Game Played: 57 (467)
(↑ 24)
Finished Game: 44 (384)
(↑ 16)

Game of the Year

10. The Touryst
9. Luigi’s Mansion 3
8. Assassins Creed Origins
7. Tetris Effect
6. WRC8
5. Outer Wilds
4. The Last of Us Part 2

3. Into the Breach

This game is one of the best strategy game I played in a while. The game is simple enough and yet complex it its own way. I played this game for one month. You know that a game is fun when you enjoy yourself even though you are losing.

2. Final Fantasy VII Remake

To be honest I've didn't finish the original Final Fantasy 7 on the PlayStation. I did remember my brother playing it. This game however is easy to pick up and play. I think what works for me is the combat. I never get bored of it and the story is also engaging. There will be a next game in the near future and I also can't wait for it.

Resident Evil 2

My first game of the year of 2019 was also the best game I played. Really playing a game with unlimited ammo is fun as heck. Plus the fast action gameplay made this game a rare gem. I played Resident Evil to for the PS1 multiple times and I can say the remake is 10 times better.

Honourable mentions
Contra Alien wars
Katana Zero
GRIS
Control
Alan Wake
Lonely Mountains Downhill
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Series

Every year I watch a lot of shows and this year is no different. The problem is I don't quite remember what I watched starting early of the year. So next year hoping it would be different.

Memorable moments and shows

  • I watched all 7 season of Star Trek TNG, Deep Space 9 and ongoing is voyager. Watching a show for the first time is really amazing
  • Rick and Morty is back. Snake Jazz is awesome
  • Crisis of Infinite Earths and the end of Arrow

Total series that I watch is 1990 (↑ 658)

Movies

Movie of the year

3. The Hunt
2. Knives Out
1. 1917

Unrelated = 36 (↓ 2) :(
Even more Unrelated = 158 (↑ 11) :(


NEW STUFF FOR 2020

1. 10Tb Hdd (For all the shows i've been downloading)
2. GPD Win Max (Best handheld ever for now)
3. Fixture S1 (A cradle to hold my Nintendo switch which makes gaming so much easier)

GAMES SPEND FOR 2019

$89.58 $340.60 (↓ 215.02)

SPENDINGS FOR 2020

Fuel = $1143 (↓ 862) Toll = $225(↓ 143)
Groceries = $ 6376 (↑ 1282)
Eating out = $ 3197 (↑ 462)

(UN)MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2020

Well 2020 has been a very sad year. With the current pandemic that is still ongoing and does look like it is stopping anytime soon. The state of the world all together. Yeah it sucks. But here are the top 3 that sucks for me

  • Losing friends. I got a couple of friends that I thought that we are going the distance and yet they ghost me in the end. It's sad but I tried my best. It's okay, It's better to try than to not try at all. Im happy I got the chance to get to know them and I wish them all the best in their future endavours
  • Me getting super sick for one day. That was horrible. I didn't like it one bit. Yeah I turns out spewing for 2 hours straight is not a pretty picture. It's a good thing that my body will go into protective mode when that happens. I will just curl up in bed and just go to sleep as long as I can.
  • My family getting sick. With my wife getting her back aches and depressive attack, My mom and my brother getting hospitalise and my mom in law with her operation. This year has been a lot for my extended family.

MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2020

  • I got mention in a Bloomberg article by name. Which was really the highlight of the year. I can't find the article but I did save it somewhere. Maybe once I get it back I'll post it on here. Assuming they don't delete it already.
  • My birthday. I think I remembered that the most since I have the whole day to myself with my best friend. I think getting to spend time with someone without anyone hounding you to go home is a great feeling. To bad the day eventually had to end. Hopefully I can carry that again next year
  • Finally... I met my best friend. It was awesome.   

2020 New Years Resolution

1. Get abs for this year. Nothing fancy but I want to get rid of my belly ( Ok First of All. Getting Abs is not easy at all. So yeah I didn't get this. Which I don't mind really.I am not in the same state of mind to get it right now)

2. Go to Scotland and visit my friend (This ship has sailed. Due to the pandemic and the current state of our friendship. I don't think I will be visiting her at all She will remain just a friend on the internet)

3. Finish phase 1 of my all gaming list (Nope. To make matters even more sucky. I've moved to phase 2. Just couldn't be bothered)

4. 4 Holidays in year (either alone, or with the family) (Yup. We did it. We actually went to like 6 mini weekend getaways this whole year so year. So that was fun)

5. Save another 15000 by December (I manage to save double that amount. So cheers to that)

So 2/5... Better luck next year I guess

2021 New Year's Resolutions

1. Lose a couple more inches of my belly.

2. Blog at least one post a day

3. Meet one of my online friends in real life

4. Save another 15000 by December

5. Keep the same prayer for the whole year

Finally. I met my best friend and we are going in and out of this awesome friendship. I am going to say that is the most impactful moment of this year. She gave so much back to me and I couldn't repay her. I wish one day I get to see her in real life. But for now I will be happy to get to talk to her everyday. This is the friendship that I am going to cherish until the day I die so yeah. This is actually the start of something really beautiful.

And with that. 2020 is done and dusted. It was an awesome year with it shares of ups and downs and I can't wait for the adventure which is 2021. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment