First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Going back to grandpa house

So the road trips always ends at my mom childhood home. Its a house that is 8km in and the deeper you go the more you realise that you are in a horror movie and there is no way out. The journey is fill with palm trees, dense forest and just one road. So you can imagine if there is a car on the opposite side. You are technically screwed  Grandpa house is the last house on the road. It a house made of wood and brick and situated on top a hill. The house is beside my aunt house (mom's oldest sister). His house doesn't have a working toilet. The toilet is situated outside of the house and it's basically a deep well I guess (please don't ask me where does number 2 goes). So we usually come home during Eid and stay there for a week. Mind you this is the time before the age of the internet and streaming services. There is basically nothing much to do but just play with the surroundings or you cousins. So eventually after grandpa disappeared for a while, my mom and her siblings rarely go back to their house. Probably it brings back to many bad memories I guess

But there was one year they decided to one last hurrah and say let's celebrate our last Eid in this house. This is after we haven't visited the house after 6 years. So my family and my aunts family came to the house to set it up a couple days before Eid. The door was locked but we ask the next door for the key. Opening the creaking door it was so dark... We switch on the lights and saw there were cobwebs everywhere. Really a horror story vibe in my book. Grandpa house was two floors... so we headed upstairs... unlock the door. It was dark... we use a flashlight (smartphones weren’t invented yet during this time) and saw a mountain... and above the mountain was something hanging... 😱. It was 6 bats and the mountain was their guano (that is what we called bat poop). So you know the scene when the bats swarm batman... so similar like that but rather than swarming me... they went on a frenzy and started screeching everywhere... eventually we opened the windows and let them out...

So the gift they left us... it took us 5 hours to clean the whole house. By the time we are done the was close to sunset. So that’s why folks don’t leave a house unattended. You never know if you get guest around 

No comments:

Post a Comment