First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Road trips with mom

I think living if a state that is far from your hometown. You cherish every time you get to go back to see your relatives. That means it’s road tripping time. Okay this is before the age of iPhones, google maps, waze and whatnots. My mom actually has actual maps to guide us from point A to point B. There is also her cassette tape collection. What’s a cassette tape you ask? It’s like a CD but it’s in a form of a plastic tape that house a strip of film that contains sounds... what?? What’s a CD you ask? 🤦‍♀️. Oh boy... google it. Basically she had a lot of cool songs from the 60s to 80s and I develop a keen eye for oldies song. We usually will stop somewhere in the middle to have lunch a halfway a small restaurant in a middle of a small island. Okay there is a fear when I was a kid. There is this small stretch of road (mind you we don’t have highways back then... now it takes 6-7 hours to go to home but will take close to 10 hours back then) okay where were we..., oh the small stretch of road around 10km. I will get so terrified of the road that I will just curl down at the back seat crying. The reason is that the road is like a snake zig zagging and you can see the chasm from the left side of the window... hey I survive right (In hindsight when I got bigger I love that road... makes me feel like I am driving in a rally track) 

Oh and here another tidbit. I can’t call shotgun because of my brother. He usually gets to be co-pilot because mom needs him to navigate and read maps... and pass sandwiches and drinks of some sort. Which means I get back row all to myself. And being a short boy. I get to sleep at the back (kids don’t do that now okay. It’s dangerous!) without curling my legs. Oh when I’m in my teenage years I splurge on a MP3 player. What’s an MP3 player... think Spotify without internet. Basically a smartphone without a screen and any phone functions and can just play music. Anyway after I while I download mostly punk rock songs to enjoy in the journey. A good 128mb... yes yes megabytes... not gigabytes like most things nowadays can get me close to 4 hours worth of songs. (I want to do a post about songs but I have no idea how to start it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment