First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Looks like I need glasses

So we came back from the states in 1997 which makes it the form 1. Which is equivalent to grade 7 I guess. While I have a lot of stories from my school (which I will write in multiple posts I guess) I want to tell you how I got stuck with the look you all see now. Me and my glasses. So going to school I notice that life is so blurry. I mean nothing seems clear to me. I find that I have to squint a lot to see things. One of my friends told me 

"Dude, I think you need glasses".
Me: "Can't be, I'm too young. You don't see anyone here wearing glasses" 
"Do you play a lot of computers?"
Me: Yep
"Do you watch tv a lot?" (Mind you kids this is the time for phat CRT TV (What's that... you know the drill. Google)
Me: "Yep, who doesn't like to watch tb"
"Then you really need glasses"

Went to my mom and said that I think I need glasses. My mom took me to the optometrist and he said that I do need glasses. So here the idiot in me comes to mind. When is time for me too choose the glasses I have a wide array to choose from. But here me out. My only frame of reference are all my cousins and uncles who wear old thick rim glasses which I thought we the only design. So I say..."that one". The guy look at me and say "you sure?". Me being the idiot kid I am "yeap"... I am sure...He asked again. ""Are you really sure" while showing me other designs. I said "yes please". It turns out that kids my age nobody wore those glasses. I seriously look like an old man. Oh well live and learn. For your frame (get it... frame) of reference. It was a pair of gold rimmed glasses and big wide glasses. Such in trend (NOT) during that time. 

In good news that my glasses design change over the years. Nowdays I am always an Oakley guy. I did wear a lot of different designs over time but in the end I always love my Oakleys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment