First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Life in the United States

Well last post 5 months ago and I usually write about my memories is when I need to think clearly and I have something on my mind. So sorry kids.. well today is going to be a good one.

When I was 12 my mom (your grandma) has the opportunity to work in the United States for a year. We went in around September and we had only 9 months and my mom had a year. We lived Albuquerque New Mexico. So let's how my brain can remember how well my time 9 months albeit short it was awesome 

  • We lived in an apartment 2 rooms. It was okay and mom made it home as usual
  • We didn't have videogames or toys. Our only form of entertainment was mom laptop running on Pentium 2 (google that) with only two games. Doom and Mortal Kombat 3 (so not suitable for kids 😆)
  • We went to school. Public school is weird than local school. We always moved around for each classes and each classes are so far apart. 
  • We have lockers where we store our books and we need to pick them up before next class. We need to get our own locks (usually a combination lock) and mine keep getting stolen 
  • I didn't have any friends there. Probably is weird to see an asian kid. I've been bullied a lot. There was only one boy who wants to talk to me. His name was Justin. I am thankful. I didn't get to see him often (since we don't have the same period all the time) but when I do, we talk a lot 
  • Mom packed us lunch boxes but I was so in awe with school lunches. Pizza, burgers.. I am like wow
  • Since Justin rarely join me in lunch my brother said I could hang with him in his class with his friends. I just stayed closed to him and see he play chess with his friends
  • I have a hot Math teacher (like we all do) . She likes me but I was doing bad at math... I can't seem to see that well (that's a story for another time)
  • I remember waking up early to watch cartoons at 6am before going to school which was awesome 
  • Last day of school I got hugs from every teacher (handshakes from the guys) 
  • I was sitting for my primary school exam (basically before you go to middle school). Got my results from the states. My mom was so happy and I think it's going to be the last time she will ever be happy of my results 
  • Albuquerque (ABQ) rarely snows. It is a hot country. The last snow was 10 years ago in 1986. So would you believe it snowed again the year we were there. School was cancelled we were enjoying it. The locals seems peeved from the snow 
  • ABQ has no tall buildings. Everything is like only 2 floors max. And there are lots of land. Like a lot of land. We spend our time walking and we do walk a lot. 
  • I went to Disneyland... which sucks because my brother got to hugged mickey. Boooooo
  • I went to Universal Studios LA. Which is cool. Sadly I don't remember much.I want a do over.
And that's about it what I remember about my time in ABQ. This is my last overseas trip for a while... The next will be when I am 24. Next is the time I found out that I needed glasses... 

No comments:

Post a Comment