First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Final Fantasy VII Remake

I don't like playing RPGs due to the fact I don't like static gameplay and long winded storylines. But there is one series that I would try to play (even if sometimes I don't enjoy it). That series is Final Fantasy. I've played FFVII close to 20 years ago and I did enjoy it. I knew going in the remake that this is a totally take on the gameplay.

Game no: 364
Genre: RPG
Platform: PS4
Release Date: 2020
Factory Sealed: 202

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Title Screen - YouTube

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Turn-based combat for classic mode - Millenium

What is it about?
The story about a group called Avalanche and how they try to save the city from a Shinra Company (of course it more than that but that is the gist of it) 

What I liked?
First of all what made the game for me is the combat. The combat is amazing. The game controls like a fighting game. It's a one button combo but what makes it deep is once you fill your ATB (Active Time Battle) Gauge  you can execute different combos and spells which makes it fast paced and very nerve wracking  
The ability to play with different characters. Cloud, Tifa, Barret and Aerith all give different play styles and movement. So you can strategize on how you want to want to approach the enemy
The Music. I rarely talk about the music since music does elevate the game but the music here is on another level. I think it's due to the fact that I've heard this music before and now it became more amazing since it's enhance the gameplay experience. The best music is the combat music. It really gets the blood pumping
The storyline and voice acting are way better. And they provide a lot of back story to all of the characters
Weapons and materia slots. Everytime you change a weapon and equip a materia it shows in game as well in the cutscene. That small feature is really awesome in my book

What I didn't liked?
It's not as open world as they say. The map is a small area where you go in long stretches of road until you get to the next area. Some of this areas looks climbable but in this game it has a lot of invisible walls 
Lots and lots of loading screens. Loading screens comes from walking into a tight corner for at least 1 or 2 minutes or going down a tunnel. It really breaks the action.
Materia system is different than the old game. Really need to learn that one.
The main part that is going to bug me is that knowing that is not even 10% of the game and we have to wait for an unknown time for the next part.

Status: Finish the game until the credits (32 hours) 

Fun factor: One of the best game of this year. Easily my top 3 (for now). A must play for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment