First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, January 4, 2021

I made my mom cry

I was a trouble kid when I was young. I think is because the lack of a father figure or I was just being a rebel without any lack of authority. But I can't forget the day I made my mom so upset that she didn't want to talk to me for a week. So she was supposed to give a talk at my school and I bluntly told her not to come because I am embarrassed by her. Clearly she was hurt by the remark. There is no defence that I can give but in all fairness even my kids are embarrassed of me at this age. So she left the dining table and I stayed there cleaning it up. I cried because I made her cry. I think she didn't talk to me for a week and I tried apologizing but the damage is done. She did give the talk but it took me a while to build up my relationship back with her.

So kids the moral of this story is. You future kids will get embarrassed of having you around. But don't take it to heart. Or do like me. If you know you are embarrassing them... just lean in and embarrass them some more. Basically you can't beat them... join them I guess. But I can say don't do that to your kid. As much you feel that you want to be dissapointed at them don't show it. Because it really leave a psychological effect on them (It did on me). You can give advice but never show that you are hurt. Because deep down inside they actually love you and they really can't think that well at this age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment