First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Grandpa came to live with us (Part 1)

Being the youngest out of 9 siblings, my mom felt hit was her responsibility to take care of her dad (or grandpa). So we invited him over to live with us in the house. Grandpa was a farmer... he was used to waking up early and doing field work. The problem is, we didn’t live in a farm... so there is not much things he can do... eventually grandpa got bored since there is nothing much he could do. He did play with us from time to time but he was not the hands on type. Our landlord was an old man... he came from time to time to checked up on the property... usually he just stop for 5 minutes but he just met my grandpa and they instantly click... this is where it got weird... since the landlord talks in his dialect (which is very complicated to understand) and my grandpa talked in his dialect (which is also difficult to understand unless you were part of the state). Luckily for me and my brother we both understand both languages easily...

Me: “mom I think there is something wrong with both grandpa and his friend”
Mom: “what’s wrong?, they are talking at the front”
Me: “yes they are but they are not talking to each other”
Mom came in front and went back and started laughing 🤣🤣🤣

Since both of them are talking different dialects... they don’t understand each other. So in the end my grandpa was talking about his cows and ducks in the farm and the landlord was talking about life in the state... basically both of them were not even paying attention to one another... oh well

Grandpa stayed with us for 3 months before wanting to go back... but it’s not the end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment