First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

It’s time for us to move... forever

We are done when I was 5... now let’s move to when I was 6. My mom’s company decided to expand their reach to another state that is how do I describe it a bit of a primitive state. They don’t even have a McDonald’s yet during that time. So my mom have to uproot all of us to the new state which was 340km away (around 211 miles). My mom who was the youngest sibling among her 9 brothers and sisters has a certain advantage. All of her nephews and nieces will stay with her when they have finish high school. So me and my brother were babysit by almost all of my cousins (I was the youngest cousin at that time)

So my mom drove us there first while my cousins waited for the movers to come and pick up our furniture. Mind you this was driving during the time google maps was not invented yet. So my mom has stacks and stacks of maps. The countries road system during that time was not fully developed yet. Most of the roads were just 2 lane trunk roads and there were no freeways or highways. My mom navigated the roads like a pro while listening to the Beatles, Eagles and some other 70s band that I don’t remember on the cars cassette player.

We finally arrive and.... to be continued later

No comments:

Post a Comment