First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Dangal

After the Grate Wall. When for another cross cultural movie and this one is even better.


Who is in it?
Aamir Khan
Ok that is the extend of my Indian actor knowledge.

What is it about?
Its a somewhat true story about a formal National Wrestler (Mahavir Singh) wanted boys so he could train them to win Gold in the International Level. But after 4 tries he keeps on getting girls. So he starts out to do something that is not in the system. Train girls to wrestle and fight the system where is a total male sport.

When did I get bored?
Surprisingly Indian movies are at the bottom of my must watch list. But this movie is not a love story and there is no typical Indian stereotypes. This movie is genuinely interesting from start to finish. I finally understand the game and rules about wrestling and we are on the edge of our seats at the final scene.

Where I didn't do it for me?
After watching the movie did some Googling of my own and it turns out the movie is all fiction. Well almost 70% of it. They need to make some tension since in reality nothing like that happen. I was also not sure why people cried at one particular scene... Maybe I am just  dead inside or I didn't find that sad enough.

Why should you go and watch this?
For the wresting scene. The movie has good family values as well. Forget is an Indian movie and think of it more as a Sports type of movie. Like the Mighty Ducks

How do I rate this?
As those Indian people always say 'Syabas'. It means great job. or Movie

Fun fact: Dangal means wrestler...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment