First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Friday, January 5, 2024

Diddy Kong Racing

First game of the year. 

Genre: Racing 
Platform: PC
Release Date: 1997

So using my Odin pro to play old retro games. I played some Diddy Kong Racing. This game is really fun. Since this is a collection of Rare mascots the only characters from the DK series is only Diddy Kong. What makes this game unique than the rest of the normal kart series is that. There are 3 types of vehicles to choose from. There is normal kart, a plan and a hovercraft. The weapons are also have a cool upgrade mechanic where if you hit 3 of the same weapons in a row it will upgrade it to the ultimate version. So this game does offer a bit of strategy in it. The only problem I find is that a lot of the tracks are lock behind a progression system which is a bit confusing to navigate. After a while I didn't even know where should I go and I am missing a balloon to proceed further. That was a big negative in my book. Other than that it was a good game. I'll give it a C rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment