First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 17, 2020

The day the house got robbed

So this happened after when I was around 10-11 I guess. We lived in a neighborhood that consists of professionals working. Meaning there are not that many housewives. So you could imagine that the neighborhood gets empty from 8-1 (due to people being at work and at school). So one day a neighbor realized that there was a lorry parked outside our house. She thought we called the movers in so she didn't think nothing of it.By the time we got home from school we found that our house was ransacked and everything was on the floor. Books and clothes were everywhere. So my mom did the sensible thing and call the cops. While waiting for the cops to arrived she did a survey on what have been taken. When the cops arrive they ask her what have been taken. She said "nothing". Everything was still here.

You might be thinking. I lived in a big bungalow double storey house and nothing was taken? It turns out my mom (your grandmother) is kind of a pack rat. She doesn't throw away anything. That means this house have furniture from the 70s. Other people in the 90's are already on nice CRT tv (What are CRT tv's  you ask?... Google it) while we have a worthless 8 channel TV from the early 80s. We don't have a computer yet (more on that later) and also my mom doesn't have any jewelry. So basically there is nothing valuable in the house.

The robbers however did made a big hole through our metal bars. That cost a fortune to fix. But as long there is no loss of life, I am good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment