First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Mario Party

The game that started it all 

Game no: 521
Genre: Board   
Platform: Nintendo 64
Release Date: 1998

I've been playing Mario party for close to 20 years. It is the game that my kids and I play or when we have guest over. The premise is a board game with a lot of smaller minigames that can provided unless fun and also unfair shenanigans. So I am taking a trip down memory lane to see how was the first game looks like and how has it evolved since. The core gameplay is still there. There is a board and you roll the dice to see where you land on the board and after each players takes a turn you will play a minigame. The minigame will ranger on vs 4 players, 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 2. There are also special minigames such as coin games and also the dreaded Bowser specials. Each board provides a different gimmick and challenge which makes getting the stars not as easy as you think. 


So let's established that I love Mario party. Weather playing at alone or with people. It is always a fun thing to do. But the first game really has a lot of issues. First of all the AI at normal is super hard. Couple with the bad controls of the game. You'll end up losing most of the minigames. The minigames that you can win are usually based on luck and skills. In the end you'll end up frustrating yourself more. In then end this game was a nice attempt at something special. They will end up making 10 more of of these. But for the first game. I played one board and I considered that game played.
B-Rank for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment