First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Friday, December 31, 2021

Year End Review 2021

2021 is over. Let's see the stats 

Nintendo Switch: 20 (↓ 5)
PS5: 4 (↔)
PSP: 2 (↑ 1)
PC: 10 (↑ 2)
PS4: 15 (↑ 10)
iOS: 2 (↔)
Wii: 2 (↔)
GBA: 2 (↔)
Genesis: 6 (↓ 1)
3DS: 1 (↔)
SNES: 1 (↓ 7)

Platformer: 7 (↓ 2)
FPS: 3 (↑ 1)
Action: 31 (↑ 5)
Fighting: 1 (↔)
RPG: 1 (↔)
Racing: 11 (↑ 5)
Other: 3 (↑ 1)
Strategy: 1 (↔)
Adventure: 3 (↓ 1)
Puzzle: 3 (↔)
Board: 1 (↔)

Game Played: 65 (532) (↑ 8)
Finished Game: 59 (443)
(↑ 15)


Game of the Year

10) Shadow of the Colossus Remaster
9) Tomb Raider (2013)
8) Dead Space 2
7) Dirt 2.0
6) Spider-Man Miles Morales
5) Astro Playroom
4) Death’s Door

3. Metroid Dread

It's been years since I've played a new Metroid game and this game delivered. It was fast paced. Non stop action and every enemy are so challenging that you'll end up dying again only to retry until you got it. Plus the visual are a great improvement from the handheld versions.

2. Forza Horizon 5

The game that I've been playing every day without fail. There is something about an open world racing game that makes Forza a class on its own. Couple with weekly challenges that makes racing a fun chore to do. Plus I love the Eliminator in which part I am getting super great at it.

1. Hades

My first game of the year of 2020 was the best game I've played in a long while. Hades is just super fun. Every time you die you get better at it. There are multiple combinations to choose from which makes no two runs are alike. To get the right ending you have to beat the game 10 times. This game is going to be on my switch forever and I will play it again sometime in the near future.

Honourable mentions
Need for speed hot pursuit Remastered
Super Mario Galaxy 2
A short hike

Series

Every year I watch a lot of shows and this year is no different. The problem is I don't quite remember what I watched starting early of the year. So next year hoping it would be different.

Memorable moments and shows

  • Finish Voyager and Enterprise. All Star Trek are done and dusted
  • MCU TV is a mini movie roll onto a couple of episodes
  • Finish Supernatural. It was one hell of a ride
  • Watch the whole 8 seasons of Regular Show
  • Watched The Office for the first time
  • The End of Brooklyn 99
  • Leverage is back

Total series that I watch is 1990 (↑ 658)

Movies

Movie of the year

3. The Untouchables
2. Schindler's List
1. Spider-Man No Way Home

Unrelated = 36 (↔)
Even more Unrelated = 175 (↑ 17)


NEW STUFF FOR 2020

1. PlayStation 5 (Got it by lining up and paying actual retail prices)
2. 4K BenQ Monitor (Love gaming on this)
3. Fixture S1 case (Gaming on the go with a case)
4. Sony 4K HDR 55 inch tv (Wall mounted and now its bigger)
5. Gaming Chair (A gift from my girls)
6. History of the MCU (Love this heavy book)


(UN)MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2021

2021 is more the less of the same. The only difference is that the pandemic is going strong and we really just do a lot of mundane stuff at home. But that doesn't mean that there are no sad moments.

  • The constant saying goodbye and hello to my best friend. It complicated but I think we finally in our sweet spot. But every sad moment really hurts
  • My wife and how she is struggling with depression. It hits her without any notice like a ton of bricks and it is very sad for me since I don't know what can I do to make it better
  • My best friend leaving the country. WE don't talk that much but he was the only person that I was sad to see go. I hope one day I can come and visit 

MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2021

  • Being still friends with awesome people.
  • Went for an awesome holiday with another family friend. It was a simple holiday in the city but we enjoyed every minute of it
  • Lining up for a ps5. Really it was an experience that I wont forget
2021 New Year's Resolutions

1. Lose a couple more inches of my belly. (That didn't go as I planned. I actually gained a few more inches in my belly so that just sucky)

2. Blog at least one post a day (I did that. Every day I post something but this is not viable but it was a good experience)

3. Meet one of my online friends in real life (Yes I did. And it was super awesome)

4. Save another 15000 by December (I not only saved that much but I save 13 times that amount)

5. Keep the same prayer for the whole year (Yes I did)

4/5. I'm happy that I get to do that


2022 New Year's Resolutions

1. Lose 5kg by this year.

2. Save another 100k by end of the year

3. Buy a new handheld device

4. Finished Phase 1 of my retro gaming

5. 3 Vacations this year
Finally. I met my best friend and we are going in and out of this awesome friendship. I am going to say that is the most impactful moment of this year. She gave so much back to me and I couldn't repay her. I wish one day I get to see her in real life. But for now I will be happy to get to talk to her everyday. This is the friendship that I am going to cherish until the day I die so yeah. This is actually the start of something really beautiful.

And with that. 2020 is done and dusted. It was an awesome year with it shares of ups and downs and I can't wait for the adventure which is 2021. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment