First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Went to a funeral

Yesterday, one of my good friends whom I met in New Zealand loss his father due to cancer. Well actually his father was cured but suffered a bad lung infection which cause multiple organ failure. Anyway they held a prayer session during Asar. When I arrived there the coffin with the body is already there. Most of them were friends and relatives of the family. After Asar prayers I met my friend and say my condolences. They carried the body in front of everyone to do a prayer for the body. It was my first time doing it and I felt sad while doing it. Once the prayer was settle, the oldest son asked everyone to forgive his father and if there are any unsettled debts, please inform them. Then the saddest part of the whole ordeal... they remove his cloth and all of the family members kiss his forehead goodbye. This was my first time seeing a dead body. The last dead body I vaguely remember was my late grandmother who passed away close to 30 years ago.

Once everything was done.. they carried the body into the van and everyone convoyed to the Islamic cemetery. The grave digger was finishing the grave and once everyone arrived they carried the body inside. After that was done, the soil was put back in to cover the body. As it states in the Al-Quran where we were made by dirt and from dirt we shall return (I am paraphrasing a bit). The mood was sad but everyone was relived. Finally after the last prayers and doa we all said our goodbyes and left.

What does that mean to me.It means life is fragile and we try our best to get as much good deeds for the afterlife. Also try to live as much as a healthy life as possible and try to minimize doing stuff that is not good. Will I stop playing games? Probably not, but I will try to be a better muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment