First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening

A fun game if only I am good at it.

Game no: 235
Genre: Adventure 
Platform: Game Boy

Image result for link's awakening gameboy  Image result for link's awakening gameboy

Let me rant the issue with this game first. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with this game. This game is beautifully made. Is a great game but this game is not meant for me. The reason is that the early Zelda games you are required to explore the area and explore to find what to do next. The issues for me are:-

- You'll end up wondering around no knowing where to go. It has a map but doesn't have a waypoint system. Maybe I am just spoil in game design. But I really don't want to waste my time finding the next thing to do. 

Now that is done. Back to the review

Does this game holds up?
- Every Zelda game is a masterpiece (expect for Zelda II). So this is also amazing 
- You explore an island where you need to get 8 musical instruments to wake up a fish in order to escape the island. 
- Classic Zelda gameplay where you explore 8 dungeons and defeat their bosses with the dungeons special weapons 
- The only Zelda game with a Platforming stages. 
- This game is out of the Zelda canon since there are a lot of other characters that are in other Nintendo franchise such as Mario and Metriod. 

Status: Played until the 2nd dungeon and then got lost... So just watch the YouTube long play. The guy finish the game in 4 hours 30 minutes

Fun Factor: Spectacular... One of the Game Boy gems. I feel kind of bad that I can't enjoy the game properly. There is a DX version for the Game Boy Colour. hopefully I'll download a guide to play

No comments:

Post a Comment