First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Year End Review 2023

 2022 is over. Let's see the stats 

Nintendo Switch: 5 (↓ 3) Gameboy Color: 3 (↓ 2) PS5: 5 (↑ 1) PC: 7 (↓ 1)
PS4: 8 (↓ 7)
Sega Saturn: 7
(↔) iOS: 1 (↔) Nintendo 64: 5 (↔)

Action: 9 (↓ 8) Racing: 11 (↑ 1) Shooter: 3 (↑ 1) Pinball: 1 (↔) FPS: 2 (↑ 1) Fighting: 2 (↓ 7) Adventure: 1 (↓ 4)
Other: 2 (↔) Puzzle: 1 (↓ 7)

Game Played: 33 (592) (↓ 27)
Finished Game: 24 (494)
(↓ 27)

Game of the Year

10) Midnight Fight Express
9) Boomerang X
8) Horizon Chase 2
7) Venba
6) Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure
5) Marvels Guardians of The Galaxy
4) Returnal

3. Resident Evil 4 Remake

This game was an absolute delight from start to finish. Non stop action couple with intense moments. It also helped that I used the cheat engine for unlimited ammo. Made the experience 10 times better.

2. Spider-Man 2

The sequel to one of the best games I played just gets better. The story was captivating. The action was face paced and who can forget swinging and gliding from one place to the next. The only sad part is that it had to end eventually but what a ride it was. 

1. The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom

This game from start to finish shows that an open world game with no set of rules is the best way to play a game. I did everything here because I just wanted to explore. Granted I think I only did less than 40% of the game. But it was an unforgettable journey from start to finish.

Honourable mentions
For the first time, there were no honorable mentions. Most of the games this year I've played was okay. nothing too great.

Series

Every year I watch a lot of shows and this year is no different. The problem is I don't quite remember what I watched starting early of the year. So next year hoping it would be different.

Memorable moments and shows

  • Andor was amazing
  • Watching all of the Star Trek Series and with some coming to an end
  • The Last of Us was a cultural phenomenon
  • Ending of some of my favorite shows like the Resident, Doogie Kamealoha, Mighty Ducks, Succession, Ted Lasso, How I met your Father, Heels
  • Evil and The Bear. Two of the most awesome must watch shows
  • Another year of an awesome Rick and Morty


Total series that I watch is 1214 (↑ 435)



Movies

Movie of the year

3. Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves
2. Tetris
1. Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse

Unrelated = 49 (↑ 14)
Even more Unrelated = 79
(↓ 15) This is going to be my last. I've turned a new leaf


NEW STUFF FOR 2023

1.Proton X70 (I got a new car which I think covers everything I need for new Stuff of 2023)
2. New Apple Airpods 3 (I love my airpods. I think it is the most used item in my life)

(UN)MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2023

2023 has been a whirlwind of a ride. This year I think it is the hardest for me with a lot of losses than wins
  • Wife trying to hurt herself. This time is has gotten bad where she does it in her sleep and I feel powerless
  • It's been one year and the investment money is still not back with us. My friend hates me a lot because of this. I really screwed up.
  • I loss my best friend. The person whom I love. The person who I thought is my soulmate. They have found someone else. I am happy for them, but it doesn't mean that it hurts inside. I think this makes 2023 the worse year ever.
  • Losing some friends

MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2023

  • Free burgers for a year
  • Lost 15kgs and I'm loving it
  • Twitter. Got some friends out of it.
  • I got a new job teaching English to Japanese people
  • By losing my best friend. I manage to get closed to God. I finally found religion. It was never loss but it nowhere and I have a better appreciation towards it. I am very thankful for that


2023 New Year's Resolutions

1. Play at least 12 2023 games this year (I only played 10 games of 2023 this year)

2. Save another 70k (Nope, no money coming in this year, so I didn't save anything)

3. 2 Vacations with the family this year (Yes we did, we went to the beach and we did a hotel staycation)

4. Watch a total of 2500 episodes (This was impossible from the beginning, but hey good effort)

5. Get new airpods (First thing I did this year)
Finally. I met my best friend and we are going in and out of this awesome friendship. I am going to say that is the most impactful moment of this year. She gave so much back to me and I couldn't repay her. I wish one day I get to see her in real life. But for now I will be happy to get to talk to her everyday. This is the friendship that I am going to cherish until the day I die so yeah. This is actually the start of something really beautiful (Yes I did)

2024 New Year's Resolutions

1. Finish writing my will for the people that I love

2. Bring the whole family aboard this year

3. Buy a steamdeck OLED (Bonus if get a second handheld)

4. Start back investing slowly

5. Get abs (this is impossible but I love a challenge)

And with that. 2023 is done and dusted. It was not a great year year with it shares of ups and downs and I can't wait for the adventure which is 2024. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment