First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, December 25, 2023

Horizon Chase 2

Last game of the year.

Game no: 518
Genre: Racing   
Platform: PC
Release Date: 2023

The first Horizon Chase was an incredible racing game. The game is face paced, simple and the art style is reminiscing of the old 16-bit era games with just updated graphics. Now a couple years later Aquiris has returned with a sequel which has some improvements over the old game as a well as some things that I didn't quite like. 

First of all Horizon Chase 2 still maintain the same game mechanic with the first game. You race around the world in tracks while collecting tokens. This time the difference is
that you car can earn XP in order to upgrade the stats. So for every 5 racers you can upgrade the cars abilities. Besides that, the tracks has been significantly improve. Tracks have a lot of  branching paths and as well as a lot of environmental effects. If you go in a snowy area by the last lap the whole track will be covered with a blizzard. There are also sprint tracks where is a long a winding 1 lap track. The racers are fast paced and I enjoy the chase. The AI is good enough to let you get to first place without it being too challenging. The customizable options available for each cars with different body, paint and rim configurations 

So now I told the parts I like, I will tell you a couple parts I don't like about this game. I know they design the game with
in mind but once you get all the tokens and win the race there is very little reason to get back. That means you won't use any of the other cars due to it not being upgraded as your starting car. They did fix it buy the new cars that you earn that comes with it being partly upgraded. 

Overall the game is enjoyable but after you finish all the racers there is little incentive to come back unless you want to 100% the game. I love the first game better than this one but this is still worth a play. A-Rank for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment