First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Friday, January 20, 2023

Returnal

Life is too short 

Genre: Shooter 
Platform: PS5 
Release Date: 2021

You die.. you get up... you think you can try again and beat the game. You die. Basically that's the gameplay in a nutshell. You are stuck in an endless loop of where you crash in a planet and you need to figure out why time is repeating itself over and over again. Returnal lets you play as Selene a astronaut with an awesome suit which have abilities when upgraded correctly. 

This game consists of shooting, dodging and jumping to avoid getting hit. Housemarque, creators of the
game, famously known for the arcade bullet hell shooter Resogun, design a same game but with 3D mechanics. In short the shooting and movement of this game is amazing. Flare that with thousands of bullets hitting you on screen you got yourself a fun epic game. There are also a lot of different upgrade paths too choose from where it ranges from getting your abilities buff with having certain nerf elements beside it. There a certain strategy you need to figure when having an upgrade weather is worth your run.. The bosses are easy in my opinion once you understand the pattern of attack. Then is all a time dodge here and there and you beat the boss. 

Ok here are the problems of this game. The problem of this game because is a rouge like. You need to complete everything in one run. If not the game will just restart you back from the start. Imagine having good stats, a beefy health bar only to die from some careless mistake and such. As so this game is frustrating at that. Other than that this game is perfect in everyway.

As I said above life is too short to constantly keep dying and dying. This will be my top 10 game of the year only if I finish it. So I am waiting for the PC version. Installing cheat engine and changing one requirement of the game (god mode, high proficiency weapons, lot of cash) and playing it again. And I will give my review again on why this game should have a god mode installed. For now this game gets a C-Rank for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment