First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Midnight Fight Express

 First game of the new year

Game no: 495
Genre: Action  
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2022

Arcade fun. That's what I call this game. You play as a no memory hero that is task to fight everyone. First of all, the story is blah. Really nothing to special. I just skip the dialogue and go straight on to the action. The action however, that is something. You can hit, block, parry, use weapons, roll. Basically everything you can do in a fight. The objective is to survive and get the highest score. Think of this game like hotline Miami but in 3D and with better controls. 


There are a couple things that I didn't like about the game. Besides the story, the controls are a tad complicated. Coming back after missing a gameplay for a day I find myself struggling to remember what the other buttons do. The upgrade path is a lot but really not sure if they provide anything meaningful to the combat. Some of bosses are hard and you need to roll a lot to beat them.

In the end this game is solid. The controls are tight and the game is fun. It does go on for a bit too long. I did finish the game with all upgrades and all 40 stages. In the end I give this game a B-Rank

No comments:

Post a Comment