First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Day 385: Back to work

So after 9 days off. Which seems to me like a long time. I am finally back to work. Over last week I found out that I have to do surgery. So next week I will be admitted for 4 days. That means I need to settle everything for 1 month in 5 days. I really should stop starting my sentences with SO.. its getting pretty repetitive. Work was ok.. there are stuff to do and stuff that I need to deliver. Nothing that special. What was a bombshell of this week is two of our senior managers tendered their resignation. One had 3 months notice and she is currently serving her 2 month. While the other have 1 week notice and her new company is going to pay the current company the 3 months that is due.

The question is why did the quit

Manager A: She was frustrated at how she became the punching bag last year since we didn't meet our sales target. She didn't want the blame to be put on her. I don't blame her... Good on her for standing up for what she believe in. Mood on the office was a bit somber. She didn't talk at all at the meeting and was just quiet minding her own business.

Manager B: This is perplexing. She told everyone because she got a better offer. But really... you  must have a lot of pull to secure a 1 week notice off. Plus she is taking all of her contacts with her. So we are on uncharted territory since any new parts/hardware/software order will go through her. So now she is not here, where will get the pricing. They are looking for a new people to replace her but I doubt it you can get the same amount of contacts as the previous boss.

I had a meeting with SJ. She was the new marketing manager. The meeting was only for 20 mins but I think we spend 1 hour just gossiping about stuff. She did want to touch my lump at the back after I told her about the operation. So that was cool. I guess. If you could a growth cool. Ok then... See you tomorrow. I want to upgrade my psp.

No comments:

Post a Comment