First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0

You don't need great graphics to enjoy a good game



Game no: 195
Genre: Racing
Platform: GBA

Who will like to play this game?
- Those who like rally racing. Speaking of which I am in the rally mood now.

What will I expect?
- Basically the ps1 port is ported to the GBA. Great stages from real world locations
- Due to the graphical limitation of the GBA, most of the stages are flat but it does have twists, jumps and turns.
- Heavy 3D style graphics with a lot of pixelated sprites

When does the game get fun?
- Playing a rally game is always fun. Never get bored about them anyway.

Where does the game feels lacking?
- The framerate drops sometimes on sharp turns. But to get this level of 3d awesomeness is a feat itself
- I played this game and I still don't know how to do a sharp hand break turn. :)
- The controls does get a bit over responsive and you find yourself doing a 360 rather than a 180.

How did I rate it?
Worth to be played at least once. It takes around 5-6 hours to complete a championship mode. Playing it on novice is good enough.

Status: Finish the game until the end credits 

No comments:

Post a Comment