First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Spider-Man 2

A sequel that keeps me wanting more 

Game no: 517
Genre: Action   
Platform: Nintendo 64
Release Date: 2023


Insomniac games release one of the best super hero games with 2018 Spider-Man. The improve of the iteration with Spider-Man Miles Morales. Now 5 years later we get a full sequel which is Spider-Man 2. Does this game deliver or they still can improve on it? Let's find out 

Spider-Man 2 continues the story of Peter Parker which he is trying to juggle life such as having a career and a girlfriend with also being your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. The only difference is now that he has Miles to tag along to help him in his adventures to save the city. The first 1 hour of the game see you fighting of Sandman in an awesome display of graphics and loading power of the Playstation 5. Basically you can get this level of detail with the old console. This time he is join by his friend Harry Osborn which is alive thanks to the alien symbiote in his body. The main bad guy here is Kraven the Hunter and he is really powerful for a human in my opinion. The story has a lot of ups and down. But basically if you seen Spider-Man 3 it follows almost the same plot but with a twist in the middle and end 


Gameplay consist of getting to point A to point B, hitting a lot of enemies and then moving the story along to point C. Between the story missions there are a lot of side missions such as science experiments, drone racers, symbiote nests and more. Gone are the crimes that you need to complete in order to get 100% but if you want you can just complete it just for fun. This time controlling Spider-Man combat and traversal is easier since there are action commands on the screen and you can active it with a simple tap (after that it will cooldown for a while). You also have specific story mission for the different Spider-Men and each of them are not the same and some are very thoughtful and sad. Returning as well are the Mary Jane mission which honestly is one of the best parts in the game since Mary Jane is a bit overpowered in this game since they gave her a gun. 


So what did I like about this game? Honestly everything in this game is awesome. After playing through the story missions and the side stories and collecting all the collectables. I wanted more. I didn't want to stop being Spider-Man. Which brings me to the not great thing about this game. First of all the repetitive combat. After you fight wave of wave of enemies, you will become a bit annoyed by it. I had to lower down the difficulty just to get all the bad guys finished as fast as I can. The other complain I have (which is more of a bummer) is that after you are done playing the game, you are actually done. There is nothing much you can do except for swinging around and flying around New York. The game took 30 hours to complete but it feels like a short time. Couple with all the parts you collect to upgrade your suits and get all the unlockables. There is pretty much nothing much to do 


So Spider-Man 2 did a lot of things better than the first one. This is one of the games that is confirm going to be in my top 3 of game of the year. Sadly this will probably be my last game of this year unless I really want to start playing again. I have a job and I want to try to do as much as I can. So what does that mean for my gaming time. It is going to be less and limited. So honestly, I don't mind. I have 2 more games I am hoping to finish this year but with 45 days remaining I don't think I can. Oh yeah... I give this game a S-Rank. Must play  

No comments:

Post a Comment