First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, May 8, 2023

Metroid Prime Remastered

The game is great. The design is not 

Genre: Action
Platform: Nintendo Switch 
Release Date: 2023

I've played this game 20 years ago on the gamecube. When I played it last time I thought this was the best game ever. But fast forward 20 years later I find that the game is still great but there are a lot of fundamentals that makes this game a chore to play. 

Metroid Prime is Samus first foray to 3D. Basically you explore a planet and all you


abilities are removed and you slowly get them to proceed to another place until you have enough to proceed more. The difference between the 2D version (which I love) than the 3D version is that you have different visors to scan and check the surroundings which provides a different way to play it. Jumping feels good and its forgiving when if you hit the edge of the platform. The morph ball is fun to use.

The problem of this game is that it is stuck in 2002 design. You don't have a checkpoint which in 2023 is really not good. The reason why I quit the game is I died and have to restart all the way 40 minutes of the game. That is really frustrating. The map doesn't
have a waypoint system which you end up exploring and getting lost in the expanse map. The backtracking doesn't feel that much fun 

Overall I love this game, I was about to beat it but I think I got bored of going through the same corridor again and again. Unlike Castlevania where you are leveling up every time you hit the enemy. Over here you are trying to avoid them as fast as possible just to get to the next place. I give this game a B Rank. I have other games to play  


No comments:

Post a Comment