First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Marvel Snap

I really thought that this game will last me 5 years

Game no: 506
Genre: Board
Platform: iOS 
Release Date: 2023

Sitting down right now I am thinking what I am going to write about this game. This game that consume my entire waking life for 7 months. My family was annoyed at me because that's all I was doing on my phone. The word "SNAP!!!" keeps on playing every time I have a good hand and thinking I can win only the be bamboozled at the last minute with their better card choices (sometimes I get the upper hand as well). Winning provides a dopamine rush and losing gives the same effect but on the frustrating side. 


This game basically a card game where each card represent a mainstream or obscure Marvel character that I



haven't heard before that provides an ability (weather On reveal or Ongoing or none) that helps you win the game. The objective of the game is easy there are three locations each with its own set of rules and you need to win 2/3 locations by playing the card is a specific way.



Since this a free to play (f2p) mobile game you can play with cards that are given to you. The cards that are given to you mostly all of the other players have. In order to be different then the rest of the pack you need to either grind or pay to win (p2w) in order to get newer cards which provides abilities that can either make or break the game. For example Galactus which was my favorite card for 4 months that will
destroy the two other locations and wrecks havoc in the opponents gameplay. The problem with that card is that it cost 6000 tokens which translate to 2 months of grinding or $100 of real money.

What I liked about this game. There is a lot. The sudden rush of winning a game. The effects of each card. Even leveling up a card making it more stylish also provides a rush of excitement in this lizard brain of mine. Every chime and colorful colors make me more excited to play again and again. Sometimes I can finish hours just
snapping again and again. I could start at level 70 and 2 hours later still be at level 70 after going as high as 78.  But as any mobile game the developers need to tweak and change in order to balance the game so that it won't seem broken and where people will only use one deck on and on again. Yesterday one famous card called Wave (which effects will make all cards 4 cost but works well with others lower cost reducing card that will make using her part of the meta) which effects a meta (the ability to win or lose with the combination of cards) has been nerf. That means you can no longer perform a combo move when you use her. Because of this a lot of players started to complain that Second Dinner (the developer) is destroying the game. But that usually what happens every time a buff or a nerf happen so that is already expected. 


So what made me hard quit? The way I describe the game is more like a dopamine rush and I could play this game forever. But that's it. Sometimes you release that a game stop being fun and what you doing is actually a chore. You wake up everyday to finish the daily missions in order to collect credits to give you the ability to level up and rinse and repeat. After a while I found that most of the opponents that I am facing are playing almost the same deck. Is like you can anticipate what they are going to do next since there are not that many combinations of decks you can play. So you mostly know what they are going to do. Plus the RNG (Random Number Generator) where each card is assigned to you randomly makes winning is not just a game of skill it is always a game of luck. If you are lucky you can choreograph an epic game that makes you win and sometimes the card you need is not coming out which makes you lose. After a while this card game became to repetitive and honestly not fun. So today I deleted the game and say goodbye to this game. I will still consume this game but this time just via YouTube since there are a lot of awesome content creators that have all the money to buy all the cards. Just fun watching them play. 

I finish this game with CL 5470 and have spend a good $100 in the 7 months I've played this. I am glad I got the opportunity to play this awesome game but I am also glad that I am out of it because there are more awesome games that I want to play. This is my longest review I have done and I am giving this game a S-Rank. This game will be in my top 10 games of the year due to how much is sucked me in. I take it positively and negatively as well. All is good 


No comments:

Post a Comment