First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Things that happen in December

So this is the last post for 2019 before my year end review and December has been a challenging month. It starts with the arrival of my wife back from her Europe trip which did not turn out as nice as she hoped for (it wasn't her, it was the company around her), My youngest went for her first school trip and she quite enjoyed it. I went to IKEA to get my new desk for the computer. Other than that life has pretty mundane. Nothing much that happen of the first 10 days.

The next 10 days that where things start to kick into overdrive. So my wife best friend coerces her into going into a seminar. You see our weight loss is due to using a product that is tied heavily into a pyramid scheme. Their cult leader makes it compulsory for all the members to attend the seminar for 3 days and listen to what he has to say. So lets kill two birds with one stone and let me tell you on what is it about

Have you or a loved one has ever been a in cult? What is a cult? While there are a lot of definitions on what is it the main point is a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing. I for one was lucky enough to survive a cult-like experience. A cult use the BITE model (from Leon Festinger, Steven Hassan to influence/brainwash its members. It stands for Behavioral Control, Information Control, Thought control & emotional control.

Behavioral Control: -Promotes dependence or obedience.-Modify behaviors with rewards & punishments. -Control clothing & hairstyle -Deprive you of sleep -Exploit you financially -Restrict Leisure time & activities

Information Control -Withhold & distort information  -Forbid you from speaking to former members -Discourage access to non cult sources of information  when their company is researched on -Gaslight you to make you doubt your own reality -Require you to report activities to superiors

Thought control -us vs. Them mentality -Induce hypnotic trance states to indoctrinate -Allow only positive thoughts

Emotional control -instill irrational fears of leaving the cult -Shower you with praise and attention -Shun you if you disobey or disbelieve-TEACH THAT THERE'S NO REAL HAPPINESS OUTSIDE OF THE GROUP (everything is wrong and we're the only ones right mentality)

I basically survive this experience since my mind is open enough to see what they are doing here is wrong. The sad thing is that higher educated people are totally drinking this kool aid. If you or a family member you know that you think is in a cult. Try to get help since there are 3 things that can happen. Total brainwash, or total breakdown of your mental psyche or me... just laugh it all out since I find cults are just stupid, dumb and prey on the weak

Other than that I got myself a new dyson vacuum cleaner which is super awesome. My wife got herself a new multi cooker which makes cooking a breeze. Catch up with 3 friends. My best friend from whose is getting married in July next year. Went to bring him around to shop. My trainer, we went for a buffet dinner and my childhood friend. We went to catch up during lunch. Today we ended the day by saying goodbye to my daughters best friend who is going to boarding school. Now just waiting for the fireworks to come down... bring on 2020 with a bang..

No comments:

Post a Comment