First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Neo Geo


Neo-Geo-AES-Console-Set.png
By Evan-Amos - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18260466


History 
I never own this console ever in my life. I've played a couple of games for this console in the arcades. So that's about it. I think the Neo Geo was never available in my country. Even if it is. It probably was very expensive. 

The Games
Basically all of the games are arcade games. It ranges from the fighting, shooting, driving and some action games in there. The thing I notice is that the games are face paced and are design to suck your quarters a lot.

The Good 
There are two genres that the Neo Geo excel is which is fighting and shooting. But there are only two types of fighting game that are the most popular which is the King of Fighters and Samurai Showdown. Metal Slug and any side scrolling bullet hell game. Those games are fun

The Bad
Everything else. It seems all the other games are mostly a miss. The sport games doesn't translate well to arcade (except Winjammers) and the others are just weird in a sense

The Ugly
Because they are arcade port they are insanely difficult. Its a good thing that you can have unlimited quarters.

Conclusion
There are classics in the Neo Geo but most of them are just a forgotten relic in time. Out of 136 games I've only manage to finish or enjoyed around 20 of them. They are still releasing Neo Geo games for future system. In that sense this console will never die.


NES (30/787 games) 3.81% replayability
Master System (5/280 games) 1.79% replayability 
Gameboy (31/555 games) 5.59% replayability 
Genesis ( 776 games)
Neo Geo   (20/136 games) 14.71% replayability 
Game Gear  (10/257 games) 3.89% replayability 
SNES ( 784 games)

No comments:

Post a Comment