First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Friday, December 20, 2019

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

This movie hit all the right notes in my book. I think I can see why critics are being critical of it

Image result for rise of skywalker poster

What is it about?
The concluding chapter of the Skywalker saga that spans 8 episodes over 40 years

The good
 All of the main cast gets a moment to shine. Even if it's not that much
There are a couple great action scenes
Lightsaber battles are awesome but it's doesn't look that finesse
The last scene is awesome but I wish there were more
The plot is simple enough to understand. Movie wise that is.
John Williams score is awesome
Lots of cameos in this movie

The Bad
I really don't understand a lot of backstory behind this story. There are a lot of unanswered questions than answers
How come the emperor lives? I mean really they didn't explain it that much.
The side characters are there but I don't think they are needed to advance the plot. I mean I don't quite remember them.
Artoo didn't get his moment to shine in this movie. This is really more a threepieo movie and he is not that great of character
This movie is basically all the tropes of a good Star Wars movie. Don't get me wrong I love it but there is nothing to surprising looking forward to it
They really need to explain how does the force work because Rey is just too overpowered in this movie

The Ugly
(Spoliers)
If there are a lot of Star Destroyers in that planet... when and how did they build it since that planet doesn't seem to be inhabitable that much
Really they wasted on the 10,000 starship final battle. They didn't show that much
They need to explain why did Ben become a force ghost?
When did Rey mother was born since it's never stated that the emperor has a child (On a side note, Judi Comer is there... love her)
The three of them (Rey, Finn and Poe) really only have one scene together. Most of the time they are on their seperate missions
And finally.. how on earth do everyone seems to understand Chewie

After Credits: Nope

Verdict: It's a fun movie to watch. It's a fitting end to a 9 episode movie. Let's hope there are something new moving forward

No comments:

Post a Comment