First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

The end of the trilogy 

Game no: 455
Genre: Action
Platform: PS4
Release Date: 2018

The final chapter of the Tomb Raider reboot saga. Lara and Jonah finally found the lost treasure that Trinity is looking for. You start the game in a globe trotting adventure across multiple different locations with lush scenery. 

This time you explore a lush rainforest jungle but the same Tomb Raider gameplay where you gather resources. craft weapons and materials and explore tombs. Controls are tight and the action is fast paced. I think the only thing that change from the past games is that the bow and arrow are a bit to sensitive and now underwater sections are longer. I love every moment of the game when I am playing the game. IT is fun. Action and stealth sections is great. They also have a difficulty slider so you can make this game as easy or as hard as you want. 

There are a couple things  I didn't enjoy about this game. One of the facts that this game is more cluttered and tight at the same time. The stages are so overwhelming with things to do but yet I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanted to finish he story as fast as I can. Another thing is that I have an issue is that there is a lot of cutscene in this game that playing a section for a couple of minutes will involve another cutscene for another couple of minutes. It is so annoying since it makes me fall out of the action. The story is hit and miss. I wasn't interested then and the ending was a bit anticlimactic 

Finish the game until the end credits. I would give this game a A-rank since it was fun and I enjoyed my time 

Tomb Raider vs Uncharted which is better

I say if you want action gameplay without too much thinking. Go uncharted. If you want a realistic settings and systems that come into play take Tomb Raider. I've played both and each is fun in it's own way.




No comments:

Post a Comment