First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Binary Domain

 This game is amazing 

Game no: 449
Genre: Shooter
Platform: PC
Release Date: 2012
Factory Sealed: 
228


In the future where humans live with robots there are some people who thinks robots should be sentient. Basically a Terminator or iRobot concept. Thus a group of soldiers called the Rust Crew is sent to stop all bad robots by blowing them up. The game is basically a run and cover shooter but what makes it different from a Gears of War is that it has an arcade style to it. Every action you do you get credits in which you will use the credits to upgrade your weapons or buy more equipment to continue your journey. 

What do I like about this game. What there is not to like. The shooting is great and precise. Each blow gets you points and the better  your kill style, the more credits you get. Each different character gets one main weapons and a secondary weapons. The main weapon is the only weapon that can be upgraded. There are a lot of branches in the game and you as the main characters can choose two of your team mates with you. Each of your team mates has a unique ability, weapons and dialogue options depending on who is on your team. As for me I choose Faye (cause she is hot) the sniper and in the middle of the game I choose Cain the robot since he is super cool. This game uses voice commands with the mic on your controller but it's tedious to yell out commands. Good thing that you can turn it off and give commands using your controller. The better the mood the more they will help you if they are annoyed at you they will just leave you be. It is a very interesting mechanic. The action is batshit crazy. Really I am not even kidding. Just when you thought you are done, the game ups the action to 1000. You fight different types of robots on different types of situation and every time you will barely survive. The other best part is that is very hard to die in this game. You have a minute to revive yourself and if you don't have any first aid kits. You can ask your team mates to help.

There are a couple things I don't quite like about this game. Some of the bosses are not just cheap, they are hard. Once they hit you down it hard to recover and move out of the way. There was one boss that I keep on dying again and again since they keep on pounding me. The other thing is that the active time events its based on a slider and that requires you to press it on the right time. The story is great and yet also not great at the same time. I can say that in the end the ending was great. 
I played the game until the end credits (as well the after credits). This has been a long time since a game has entertained me this much. So much so that it deserve an S-Rank in my book. This is clearly one of my top 10 games of this year


No comments:

Post a Comment