First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I survive a cult experience

Remember I said I blog when I’m sad. Well I’m sad for a while... but I’ll be better in time... as I say time heals all wound. So rather than dwell on my sadness, I put it into words for every one to enjoy.

Before we start I need to put a disclaimer. Since I signed a Non disclosure. I am not allow to say what it is, where did I went and what did I do... so how does this make a good story... I can however tell in general what is a cult in my opinion and how does it effects everyone...

So last weekend I attended a “seminar” to enrich my life by using the knowledge and tools in order to sell a certain product (lest call it product X) in a scheme that would make the ancient Egyptians proud. Attending this packed hall event I was treated by everyone with a happy and positive attitude. Wait wait... I can’t tell what is this about... so let’s play a game in what I view is a cult in my book...

1) Everybody is at a high about everything ✔️
2) the charismatic speaker comes up the stage to make some noise ✔️
3) Stories about how by not doing this will make your life miserable ✔️
4) Showboating your wealth in front of the audience ✔️
5) Testimonials on how product X can change your life ✔️
6) Everything is easy to do and the nay-sayers are just jealous and you are the only person who is correct ✔️
7) The crying... oh my god the crying... lots and lots of crying ✔️
8) Using religion to show that what they are doing is good ✔️
9) Donate your money in order to get more in the end ✔️
10) Education is not important ✔️
11) Some confusing scheme on how to make money ✔️
12) Said that this is not a multi level marketing and a pyramid scheme but it so looks like it ✔️✔️✔️ (Needs 3 ticks since this is so true)
13) If you quit you are a loser ✔️

What they didn’t tell you
1) How you need to spend money to make money
2) You need to make money by getting more people and they have to buy more product
3) How is it practically impossible or near impossible to get whatever the high up people are getting

But everything is not just all bad I did like
1) the fun activities
2) the motivational talks..
3) some of the presenters are quite funny
4) Food was yummy

Well I did get in a fight with my wife the whole 3 days but really... I wasn’t buying into the cool aid... The scary part is everyone else is more educated than me... scary...

So that’s the story on how I survive the cult experience. It was very enlightening. I do know one thing. My brain is so weird differently than all the 900 people in the top

No comments:

Post a Comment