First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Goldeneye 007

First game for the Nintendo 64

Genre: FPS
Platform: Nintendo 64
Release Date: 1997

So this game was touted as the best shooter in the Nintendo 64 era. Do I agree with this statement but this game has problems. First lets get into the best parts of this game. Shooting is fun. Since the N64 has only one joystick (and a weird way of holding it) the aim as been auto lock. Which means shooting is a fun press of a button. the enemies keeps on spawning means you will have always something to shoot. The other than makes this game fun is the missions. There are a lot of guns and the missions seems to follow the movie with other flash back scenes. Now on to the bad part. This game is hard. This is probably due to the time, there are no waypoints and a HUD. The only thing you have is your watch to tell you if you complete or fail your objective. And the game does a bad job explaining how do you need to pass your objective so you'll end up going in circle for hours until you finally figure something out. In the end, I got until 10 chapters and I gave up. I give this game a C-Rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment