First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, July 10, 2023

Sega Saturn









History 
I've never owned a Saturn before. But after playing the games, I'm glad I don't own one. I heard this is one of the more expensive consoles to collect. 

The Games
The games are mostly arcade ports with some original titles. It has everything but mostly emphasis on quick timed experiences. 

The Good 
Some of the games are fun to play but mostly on the racing and puzzle side. There are a lot of fighting games but they all control the same. Most of of them are actual CG cutscenes

The Bad
Controls are mostly unresponsive and the games are not that fun. 

The Ugly
Everything. This was release at the same time as the ps1 and yet most of the games didn't hit the mark. There are no stand out titles that you wish you own this console

Conclusion
The Sega Saturn is weird piece of console history. Glad I get to experience it but I am also glad that is over. 

Sega CD  (171 games)
Sega 32X (33 games) 
Sega Saturn  (7/97 games) 0.07% replayability 
Sony PlayStation (453 games) 
Neo Geo Pocket / Color  (10/40 games) 25% replayability 
Nintendo 64  (317 games)  
Nintendo Game Boy Color  (8/530 games) 0.01% replayability 




No comments:

Post a Comment