First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Game Boy Color

 









History 
I've never owned a Game Boy Color. I only seen it in magazine and thought having a color Game Boy is cool. 

The Games
The games range from all types of genre but in pocket form. Notably missing a lot of Nintendo games. But they do have Pokémon 

The Good 
Some of the games are fun to play but mostly on the racing and puzzle side. The animations is super smooth for a system with limited capabilities 

The Bad
A lot of the game are just blobs of color and doesn't translate well with the limited hardware. And yet they do it as well.

The Ugly
Faux 3D games that looks super ugly 

Conclusion
The Game Boy Color is a weird device. It is a transition device before the GBA. I don't think having it is great because most of the games suck. It was a good experience to play 

Sega CD  (171 games)
Sega 32X (33 games) 
Sega Saturn  (97 games)
Sony PlayStation (453 games) 
Neo Geo Pocket / Color  (10/40 games) 25% replayability 
Nintendo 64  (317 games)  
Nintendo Game Boy Color  (8/530 games) 0.01% replayability 

No comments:

Post a Comment