First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Boomerang X

This game that test your spatial awareness 

Game no: 499
Genre: Action  
Platform: Nintendo Switch 
Release Date: 2021

The game as the title involves a boomerang. You start of adrift on an island where you find a boomerang and explore the island while fighting hordes of enemies. That's basically the premise of the game. Explore and reach an area and then fight a wave of enemies. 

What I like about this game that is the boomerang mechanics is spot on. The throwing feels great and using it is fun. The boomerang comes with power up such as teleportation. slow down time and power
moves. The thing that makes this game so appealing even with minimal amount of gameplay is the art style. It looks like pastel colour old school graphics. It very soothing to the eye to watch and makes me want to explore everything 

There are some things that about this game make is sensory overwhelming. Especially when there are multiple enemies on screen on you need to take out the specific one. Things can get a bit daunting and you need to freeze time and have 10 seconds to do a quick take on where to go next. It get's too much at time and I need to take a break before continuing. The good news is that this game is short. Under 3 hours which is great since it doesn't over stay the welcome. 

Overall I finish the game until the credits. With their accessibility options makes this game even more fun to play. I give this game an A-Rank. A nice place over a couple of days  

No comments:

Post a Comment