First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge

The last game before a long break 

Game no: 472
Genre: Action  
Platform: Nintendo Switch 
Release Date: 2022

After years of playing 16-bit beat em up. There is a comeback in a form of TMNT Shredder's Revenge. This game mix the pixel art style of the 16-bit games but twist it in a modern take it advance mechanics, level up, multiple combo systems and overall an awesome fun game to play 


You can play as 6 different characters (with a 7th unlocked once you beaten the game). Each of them has their own power, speed, balance. If you like range combat go for Donatello but if you want power is either Raphael or Splinter. Overall there is a different character that suits your playstyle. There are 15 stages an you move from point A to B while fighting a lot of bad guys. There are also power up such as pizza that comes in different forms. That give you an added boost when fighting enemies. The way the game works is it upscale the enemies depending on how many players are in the screen. So there is going to be a lot of chaotic action when the screen is bombarded by bad guys. The bosses are a treat to fight. They are from past games and movies and only a true fan will recognize them. 

The thing I don't like about this game is that I wish I was a bit longer. at 2 hours plus you can beat the game but there are a lot of challenges to keep you coming for me. But I
wish there is a fighting mode since the move set of each character is quite good to be a game in its own right. 

Overall is it a great game to play with you family (My kids and I actually beat the game until the end) rather than just playing it by yourself. The hectic fighting as well as being in a group makes you miss going to the arcade. This game is going to be one of my top 10 game of the year. This game deserve an S Rank in my book 





No comments:

Post a Comment