First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Halo Infinite

Is like Halo never left 

Game no: 445
Genre: FPS
Platform: PC 
Release Date: 2021

It's been 20 years since the first Halo came out for the Xbox and now Halo Infinite continues the story so far. What is the story so far you may I ask. I am not sure but from what I can tell there are two bad guys called the Banished and The Endless who are trying to activate the new Zeta Halo weapon to kill all life in the universe. To what purpose, I have no idea. Oh and now Cortana is dead but there is a new copy of her and she and the Chief will start on a new adventure.

Gameplay of Halo Infinite is the same as most Halo's before this. You are a objective point. You go to the marker, kill all the bad guys and then see a cutscene. Most of the gameplay is about that. The only different is now that Halo has a semi open world. There is a map where you can explore and complete whichever way you want. Master Chief has now a grappling hook where he can climb to high to reach places. The grappling hook provide a new sense of traversal and combat. As Master Chief you are only allowed to carry two weapons at a time but I can say that all of the weapons even the small plasma gun has it uses. As for me, my personal favorite is the Cindershot and the Sentinel Beam. Master Chief himself as a character is awesome. He talks a lot in this game than his previous game. He doesn't show emotions but when he does it is really deep. The supporting characters are also great. Each of them has their own time to shine and together they make a great ensemble. 
Even the bad guys are awesome with the boss fights provide a certain challenge to it.  

Well we all the positives I given this game, there are bound to be some negatives. This game is typical Halo. If you played a Halo before, it is the same type of experience. Not to say it is a bad thing but really you break down the components of the game there is nothing much to do and it is really a lot of repetition going on. That said there is not much you can do in a FPS. you go to a room, shoot all the bad guys and then move to another room rinse and repeat. If you are not invested in the story, you will get bored fast. Other than that I can see anything wrong with this game, newcomers or people who doesn't follow Halo lore that much will find the game confusing but the story is always second nature. What gets you going is when you hear the Halo theme and your heart start pumping 

In the end I finish the game until the end credits. I didn't feel like doing all the side missions since there is nothing making me coming back to this game. I just wanted to play Halo again and I did. I will give this game an A-Rank since it is really an amazing game you should try to play it too.




No comments:

Post a Comment