First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Firewatch

First game of the year 

Game no: 444
Genre: Adventure
Platform: Nintendo Switch 
Release Date: 2016

It's been a while since I have actual write about something. So I am a bit rusty. But let's start. Firewatch a game by Campo Santo is about how running away from your problems just is not the way to handle any solutions. The story is about Henry who wanted a change when his wife who was diagnosed with dementia is left with her family and he takes a job in the remote wilderness to just run away from the situation. 

Gameplay is easy enough consist for going from point A to point B to settle any tasks that is given by the only other person that you never see, Delilah. The controls are easy enough with some light action but that is now why the game is regarded so highly. What makes the game great is actually the story between Henry and Delilah and the mystery surrounding the game itself.

The story itself is so engaging and there is a mystery surrounding the park makes you want to continue to play the game to find what happen next. The interaction between the two characters over time made you feel that you develop a real connection between the two of them. The park is also is character by itself. There is a lot to see but nothing to do. Like in real life I guess. You'll spend time walking and admiring the sights and sounds. 


The map is big and there is a lot of see. And there were the problem comes in. You'll spend a lot of time backtracking from one end to another end which makes it a little tedious because the walks are long and it is easy to get lost in the woods. Other than that the story what turned out to be an awesome mystery happen to be just a series of unfortunate events combined with coincidences that just happen to involve the two characters. What I didn't like is in the end there is any big payout of seeing both characters together. We get to hear about Delilah but in the end this game was not to fall for her or to know her story. She really just didn't exist and just was there to push us along. I think that is why the game won a lot of accolades among people. I really makes you think. As for me, open ended stories like this really sucks. But on the plus side the game is really short 

So I finish the game until the end credits and I will give it a B-Tier Rank. The game was okay and even though there is nothing worthwhile to mention. I was there for the story and that is it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment