First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, April 18, 2022

WRC 10

 Another year another WRC 

Game no: 463
Genre: Racing
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2021

WRC celebrates in 50th years with WRC 10. A game where you drive worldwide and the objective is to try to get the best time on track. Honestly this is not the best racing game I played. That honor is for V-Rally 4 but it has all the normal rallying tropes. Fast cars with different classes, tracks with all types of weather condition. It has a season mode which just makes you race, quick race and also simulation mode. There is a way to set your difficulty low for inexperience players but even with that you are still facing a big challenge. 

The problem with this game is that is it not accessible to the average rally player. The controls as precise as they are is hampered by the realistic physics and tire damage. The tire damage is always been an issue but this game takes it to a whole new level. After a couple of racers your tires will degrade and it will make racing more difficult. In the end you'll either end up to be last or just did not finish the race. There is a anniversary mode where they play the best racers throughout the years. It's great to see what cars people race in the 70s. The problem is that the time to beat is near impossible. After the third race you can even beat it. I've seen clips on youtube that even with the best time is already a couple seconds to late. Oh and the switch version is filled with bugs. There is a bug where the rack will be quicksand and your car will be stuck there.    

In the end I played all the tracks that I was interested in a played every car. See what I need to see and call it a day. I consider it to be a okay racing game so I will give it a B-Rank. Nothing much to talk about


No comments:

Post a Comment