First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Another spectacular Switch game

Game no: 284
Genre: Adventure
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Hours played: 75+ hours

Image result for zelda breath of the wild title screen

Image result for zelda breath of the wild title screen

What is it about?
Nintendo has rework the Legend of Zelda formula where you are free to do anything in the game until the final boss battle.

What did I do?
This game is amazing. The things I did from start till the final confrontation with Ganon are
- Visited 96 out of 120 Shrines
- Climb all of the towers to uncover the full map
- Hunt a lot of animals
- Gather a lot of herbs and fruits
- Cut trees
- Make a campfire
- Swim and Fish
- Cooked a lot of food
- Find a lot of arrows bows and swords
- Do a lot of side quest
- Find the master sword and master shield
- Defeated all the Devine Beast
- Snowboarding
- Parasailing
- Fought a couple of easy bosses (cyclops with one eye)
- Found 40 out of 900!!! korok seeds (or I should say poop)
- Rode a horse, bear and deer
- Fought a lot of enemies
- Got snow, rubber, lava, heat, ninja, climbing and original blue clothes
- Got full stamina
- Climb every mountain

What did I didn't do?
(These are things I didn't do that I found from watch youtube)
- Fought a Lynel and some stone bosses
- Capture and tame a horse from the stables (I walked most of the way)
- Found all clothing
- Vistied 24 more shrines (most of these are shrines are quests)
- Bought a house
- Farm rupees
- Found a warp medallion
- Explore Hyrule Castle
- Find legendary ingredients
- Get full hearts

What I liked?
- The game doesn't have a set of rules to follow. You can go anywhere you can see in the map. Which is awesome. Discovering new areas with different objectives is really fun
- Climbing anywhere (as long you have enough stamina) is fun. It never gets old and it does require you to plan you climb, especially if you fall down a gorge and you have to climb up
- The story is nice, I can see what motivated link to go and beat ganon.
- Some shrines are cleverly design. Even fighting in the shrines are fun
- Paragliding is fun and shooting an arrow in slow is awesome
- The sheikah slate provides a certain strategy in handling the land. Unlimited bombs are awesome
- Fast travel is great but walking any seeing the sights is better
- Each of the clothing response differently for the environment

What I dislike?
- The weather elements. Rain makes it harder to climb. Thunder just make you into a target due to the metal you are holding
- Some weapons are useless against bosses. The bosses are downright hard
- The blood moon that respawn enemies. Which I didn't like since sometimes I just want to explore the world
- The fact that there are not waypoints proves very difficult in navigating Hyrule.
- Collecting 10 fire lizards (that was a chore)
- Fighting the Guardians is damn difficult
- Dying a lot (but you get to start it again right away

Overall: This game can be finished in 1 hour or 100 hours. No matter what, you will have a great time doing it. Nintendo managed to make a Zelda game that anybody can pick up and play (This is my second Zelda that I've actually won). I felt that I already experience what the game is offering to me and I don't need to 100% it (unlike Mario Odyssey). I probably won't revisit Hyrule again anytime soon. Probably in a couple of years and I also am not keen to buy the DLC is anyway

Status: Finish the game with
- 21 hearts (out of 27)
- Full 3 circle of stamina
- Conquer the 4 Divine Beasts
- Finish the main quest
- 100 Normal Arrows, 80+ Fire, Shock, Bomb, Ice and 10 Guardians Arrows

Fun Factor: Spectacular. If you have a Switch this is a must play game. Take your time, enjoy the view

No comments:

Post a Comment