First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Year End Review 2017

2017 has come and gone. Lets see how did we do this year.

Games

This year has been the most of gaming for the whole year. I did start on the phase one on the all gaming program. Its will take a while

Ps Vita: 8 (↓ 11)
DS: 1
PSP: 2
PC: 2 (↑ 1)
GBA: 2 (↓ 2)
NES: 20 (↑ 12)
iOS: 2 (↓ 7)
SMS: 5
Gameboy: 30
PS4: 1 (↓ 4)
Gamegear: 10
Neogeo: 20
Genesis: 9
Snes: 8

Racing: 8 (↓ 1)
Action: 46 (↑ 16)
Platformer: 17 (↑ 14)
Adventure: 2 (↓ 3)
Shooter: 14 (↑ 9)
Puzzle: 9 (↑ 1)
FPS: 1
Sports: 4 (↑ 4)
Fighting: 14 (↑ 6)
Board: 1
Pinball: 1
Other: 1
RPG: 1 (↔)

Game Played : 120 (344) (↑ 50) 70 (223) (↑ 17)
Finished Game : 95 (281) (↑ 33)

Kirby's Dream Land (100th Action Game)  


Game of the Year

There were a lot of games I've played, some were memorable but these 3 was the best games  that I've played last year

3. Donkey Kong (Gameboy) 

I've heard about this game before but it wasn't until I played it I finally understand why. This game is Mario platforming at it essence. Combine that with 100 of stages and boss battles. You got yourself a solid game that is close to 23 years of age and still holds up again all the other games in the list. 

2. The Wolf Among Us

It seems to be a trend where the first game I've played in the year will be among the top 3 games of my year. The Wolf Among Us is no exception. The storyline is captivating and would leave you guessing until the end. They say that a sequel is in the works for 2018. Let's hope that can top themselves from this masterpiece.

1. Uncharted Lost Legacy 

What can I say. I am a sucker for Uncharted. I thought 2016 was going to be the last Uncharted game that I've played for a while, but it turns out that 2017 they made another Uncharted game. In my opinion this is better than UC4 since the storyline is not that convoluted and the action is subtle. In the end this 10 hour game was an amazing journey and I would not want it to end.   


Series

This year I've been watching a lot of comedies and reruns, probably is because is getting harder to binge a series when your wife doesn't want to watch it as well. I watch when I can 

1041 shows  (↓ 227)

Memorable moments and shows
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine still remains the best comedy series.
  • The Flash was better than Arrow this year. 
  • Rick and Morty season 3
  • Defenders on Netflix 
  • Watch the entire arc of Naruto with my wife 600+ episodes, It was awesome. Finally a promised kept

Movies

27 Movies for the year (↑ 4). With some that I watched on bluray.

Movies of the year

3. Coco
2. Baby Driver
1. Spider-man Homecoming

Unrelated = 22 :)  (↓ 16)
Even More Unrelated = 147  (↓ 45)

NEW STUFF FOR 2017

1. Nintendo Switch

GAMES SPEND FOR 2017

$292.01 (↓ $32.10)

(UN)MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2017

2017 has been the most challenging year for my whole family. Lets list down what happen
  1. Went for an operation to remove a lymphoma at the back of my neck
  2. Not before I found out even that I've met my years KPI, my idiot ceo decided not to give me my bonus 
  3. Quit my job due to lack of appreciation
  4. Kids and wife were in and out of hospital in the month of April
  5. Maid went home.
  6. Got a maid and she turns out to bicker with everyone until we have to send her back
  7. Wife had her appendix removed
  8. Wife's Appendix would got infected and she had to go back to emergency surgery 
  9. Got another maid and turns out she was manipulating us and if we didn't meet her demand she would ran away.
  10. No job means no money  

MEMORABLE MOMENTS FOR 2017


  1. Kids change to a better and cheaper school
  2. I started doing my postgraduate in October
  3. My wife submitted her final PHD corrections and is waiting for the results.
  4. I got a switch.
  5. Finding out that everyone will miss me when I left the company. I didn't pay for lunch that whole 2 months. 
2017 New Years Resolution

1. Really lose 10kg this time... This time with wife so have to be serious. (Nope didn't happen. I am now 88kg which is bad. My wife however lost 7kg and it shows. Damn it) 

2. Try to find some change in life. (Yup, quitting my job and becoming back a full time house husband and student)

3. Be a better dad. (Yup, I guess I was better than last year) 

4. Balance in life in terms of all the other stuff (Not really, I still do other stuff more than the religious stuff

5. Get the Switch. (Well I didn't, but it was a gift for me so that counts) 

2018 New Years Resolution

1. Third time is the charm... Lose 10 kg... By the time end of 2018 I am going to be 78kg

2. Don't spend to much time gaming. Need to finish part of my masters

3. Better a better person religiously and stop doing the even more unrelated. 

4. Go for at least 3 vacations with the family.

5. Get the GPD Win 2

Happy New Year 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment