First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, October 10, 2022

Marvel's Avengers

I think this is the best effort of an Avengers game 

Game no: 484
Genre: Action 
Platform: PS5 
Release Date: 2020

When the news broke that someone is making an Avengers game I thought it was going o be awesome. But after years of delays and finally it was released to mixed reviews. I think is better for me to wait for a while until the game is stable enough to play. This game starts of with the Avengers cause the destruction which makes them a treat to the public. So after that are disbanded it up to a girl to reunite them all together. 

This game plays like a first person action adventure game. There are jumps, quick time events, bad guys to punch. Each character have support move, power move and ultimate move. Each with a cool down which makes you can't spam them all the time. I love the combat. It is fast paced and each different avengers control differently. My favorite is Ms. Marvel, Captain America and Black Widow. The story is serviceable and it does give a good ending 

What I don't like is that they made it into a live service game with a lot of cumbersome rpg elements in it. You have to upgrade your gear, add boons and perks as well as manage your group loadout. The problem is this game is trying to be two things that it is not. One on hand it is trying to be a great first person game but also a multiplayer game. It has linear stages but halfway through the game we are greeted with an open world with mission to choose form. The problem is the
sandbox stage is a bit bland with a lot of different enemies you need to clear out. It seems bland and repetitive. After you finish the game you are greeted to more mission which you need to level up in order to proceed. There are other characters that they added but it plays all the same and there is nothing special about that

In the end I finish the game and get to end of the story. It was an okay game. But I didn't like the live service elements to it. I give this game a B-Rank. Played once and forgotten 

No comments:

Post a Comment