First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Monday, July 24, 2017

A great time with "family"

Like every beginning Monday I will tell what notable things that happen to me throughout the entire week.

The week was just the same mundane routine. I did managed to finished a couple of NES games which is awesome.  On the weekend we went to 2 open houses. The first was one of my wife's students. It's a yearly tradition where he invites us to come every year. The food was great and the company was too. It was not until the evening where the real fun begins.

A bit of backstory behind this. Around 8 years back when I was in New Zealand, we met this couple with 3 boys. Both wives get along good. As for the guy, both of us tolerated each other. So it wasn't an awkward moment. Eventually we became "family" that has no blood ties but we would do anything for each other. Fast forward 7 years in 2016. We were invited to participate in their last sister's wedding. So even though we are not related by blood the whole extended family treat us like we were brother and sister. Fast forward last Saturday. (Oops, forgot to mention we are the "family" of the wife side of the group. The wife has 5 sisters and 4 brothers plus in laws). So on Saturday it was their annual Eid get together. We were also invited. When we arrived there, we had food and we talked a lot. Apparently, my jokes over there are like gold... So I keep making jokes and they keep cracking up. It came into a point that the whole house were roaring since my jokes were hilarious. I love spending time with people who appreciate our company and my jokes.

On Sunday, went to my friend house (he used/is still my best friend but his wife is err..) for the last Eid celebration. Since I pratically spend my entire uni years with that family, I figure why not come to see his mom and dad. I ate and talk for a while. The mom and dad loves having me around (I hope so) since I talk a lot. Apparently my friend is so introverted that he never tells his parents anything about my life. So I spend a good 30 mins updating them on what is happening with me. Suddenly, his wife and kid showed up. If you think he is introvert, (as my wife put out) his wife is a snob. Did want to talk to me and when I did talk to her, he just nodded...

Studying time: I finished week 3 in record time. Now helping my wife doing her clerical work. Soo week 4 will be put on hold for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment