First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

DIRT 5

One of the best arcade racers I've played in a while 

Game no: 471
Genre: Racing 
Platform: PS5
Release Date: 2020

Codemasters is back again with another Dirt. While Dirt 2.0 is more a realistic approach Dirt 5 takes it more to the arcade roots with track racing. 
There are a lot of things to enjoy about the game. There are a couple of different types of tracks to race on. There is snow, jungle, dessert and city. Each tracks has a couple of laps with dynamic weather. This game was built with PS5 with dynamic particle effects and lighting. The car selections is not as much with around 70+ cars there is a lot to choose from. But it doesn't make any difference since all the cars can make you win if you try hard enough. The PS5 haptic controls is amazing. You get to feel the the acceleration and the breaks when you press it. 

There is a couple of things that I did find enjoyable in the game. There is a podcast in the game that talks about the game itself. I find that tedious and boring and in the end I just turn off the volume. There are a lot of game modes in the game but the one I find most annoying is the Gymkhana section since its super hard to get 3 stars. Other than that the game is fine. Finish the game until the end credits. I give this game an S-Rank and it is one of my top 10 games of this year 


No comments:

Post a Comment