First time readers

So you finally found this blog. Not sure how (unless I told you) The blog is about my random life. My job, games, movies or anything that interest me. Feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride.

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Super Mario 64

This game did not age well

Genre: Platformer
Platform: Nintendo 64
Release Date: 1996

The game that started it all. I remember when they showed this game I was in the US and it was like the most greatest thing I have ever witness. A Mario game with the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. Who doesn't want that. So I started trying to play this game and I found out that I was really wrong. This game really did not age well. For the time this game was great but now with todays modern mechanics and movement this game feels like guiding a tank. Mario controls while fluid is not that smooth. He has a couple frames of animation where he will stop. This will make getting to the precise platform to jump is a chore. Other that the floppy controls. The gameplay is like a normal Mario game. Get start and completed the challenge. I did a couple of Stars and then I realised that life is too short to play a game that is not fun. Overall B-Rank for me

No comments:

Post a Comment